Linked with Third World Traveler, with Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch, with Lori Wallach – USA, with How the Free Market Killed New Orleans, with Economy and Human Rights – one, with The Peninsula Peace and Justice Center PPJC, and with The Human Condition Series.
He is an internationally known award-winning author and lecturer. He is one of the nation’s leading progressive political analysts. His highly informative and entertaining books and talks have reached a wide range of audiences in North America and abroad. (more on his Homepage).
He says: “The enormous gap between what US leaders do in the world and what Americans think their leaders are doing is one of the great propaganda accomplishments of the dominant political mythology”. (Third world traveler).
Listen to his Google-videos:
- 1.00 hour “Terrorism, Globalism and Conspiracy“, Sept. 10, 2002.
- 1.08 hour “Race, Gender and Class Stuggle“, April 27, 2006.
Read: Mystery: How Wealth Creates Poverty In The World, By Michael Parenti, 24 April, 2007, Countercurrents.org.
Michael Parenti – USA
He received his Ph.D. in political science from Yale University. He has taught at a number of colleges and universities, in the United States and abroad. Some of his writings have been translated into Arabic, Bangla, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
Listen to some of his many YouTube-videos:
- 5.04 minutes “Some Labor History!“;
- 5.18 minutes “What Progressives want?“;
- 9.56 minutes “2002 Speech“;
- 4.37 minutes “Myth of UnderDevelopment“;
- 5.08 minutes “Creating The Poor?“;
- 2.31 minutes “on debt“;
- 6.04 minutes “World Order – Globalization“;
- 4.42 minutes “Support our Troops“;
- 4.58 minutes “Real Democracy“;
- 5.25 minutes “How the free market killed New Orleans“;
- 2.47 minutes “The Economy of Rights“;
- 2.31 minutes “The Value of Debt (1997)“;
- 9.58 minutes “Parenti Part 2“;
- 9.57 minutes “Parenti Part 3“;
- 9.59 minutes “Parenti Part 4“;
- 9.59 minutes “Parenti Part 5“;
- 9.59 minutes “Parenti Part 6“;
- 1.29 minutes “Parenti Part 7“.
Read: THE DESTRUCTION OF YUGOSLAVIA, by Michael PARENTI, Summer 1999.
Read: Are Heterosexuals Worthy of Marriage? by Michael Parenti, September 14, 2004.
Loook at: ” … Whether you are studying literature, psychology, education, or any of the sciences, the concept of Empire is present and influential. There isn’t an area of study that isn’t affected by and isn’t talking about Empire. Along with about 75 professors and graduate students presenting papers, keynote speeches are being delivered by three of the world’s renowned experts on Empire: Arthur Kroker, Michael Hardt and Michael Parenti. The public is welcome to attend. The cost is $345 for the full conference or $200 for one day. For information, visit Humancondition … “.
He says also: “It is remarkable the things that most of us never learn in school about our own history, the topics and inquiries we are never introduced to. Consider this incomplete listing: (full text list).
Look at: the Michael Parenti Archives, at sonic.net.
- - his books: on his website; on wikipedia; on amazon.
- - his articles;
- - his audios-videos-tapes;
- - all (books, audios etc.) on internet archives.
Recent publication: Democracy For The Few, 8th Ed. – This is a penetrating interpretation of the American political system. It focuses both on the formal institutions of government as well as the broad configurations of power, wealth, and class: how the political system is used and controlled, for whose benefit and at whose cost. A comprehensive and powerful opus for student and layperson alike. (see more recent publications on his Homepage).
Michael Parenti: on Indymedia; on swans.com; on political affairs.net; on members.aol.com; on chss.montclair.edu; on adifinfo.com; on leftwatch.com; on answers.com; on alternativeradio.org; on democracynow.org; on suddenlysenior.com; on meria.net; on ichblog.eu; on artificialeyes.tv; on the conspiracy.us; on autodidactproject.org; on kelasconsumption; on PacificFreePress, Canada; on Global Secrets and Lies; on Working TV; …