Brian Patrick Moore (born June 8, 1943) is a democratic socialist politician and the Socialist Party USA and Liberty Union Party nominee for President of the United States in the 2008 election. Formerly a member of the Democratic Party and later an independent, he is now a member of the Socialist Party. Moore, of Florida, and vice-presidential nominee Stewart Alexander of California, were nominated on 20 October 2007 at the party’s National Convention in St. Louis, Missouri. Brian Moore, was the only candidate to collect the 1,000 signatures required to participate in the Liberty Union Party’s presidential primary. The primary election is binding, so Moore will be the Liberty Union nominees in the November general election … (full text).
See also STEWART A. ALEXANDER’s VIEWS AND NEWS: PROTECT THE WORKING CLASS.
He says: (why President?): Because the two party political system, and our capitalistic economic system, are not addressing nor are they resolving the problems domestically nor internationally. I believe we need candidates of courage and vision to address issues in a forthright and alternative way, and no one so far, does that through the systems and solutions that they offer. I also want to represent the working man and woman, the common man, and the poor, and bring equality and fairness and respect to them, which does not exist now under our systems and society … (full interview).
Brian Moore – USA
He says also: “Now my friends, I am opposed to the system of society in which we live today, not because I lack the natural equipment to do for myself but because I am not satisfied to make myself comfortable knowing that there are thousands of my fellow men who suffer for the barest necessities of life” … (full text inteview).
BRIAN’S POSITIONS ON CRITICAL ISSUES:
- Advocates the Abolishment of the Patriot Act (on epic.org, on aclu.org, on slate.com, on thomas.loc.gov, on whitehouse.gov, and on wikipedia);
- Opposes all warrentless searches as authorized by the new FISA Act /its homepage, also on wikipedia;
- Advocates holding all telecommunications Companies liable for allowing U.S. Government to eavesdrop on Americans (on BaurHome Software, on wikipedia);
- Opposes domestic spying of antiwar groups and American citizens (on NY Times, on wikipedia, as NSA warrantless surveillance controversy);
- Opposes waterboarding (on how stuff works, on the independent, on wikipedia) … and any form of prisoner abuse (on hrw, on gwu.edu, on bbc.co.uk, on wikipedia, and there about Abu Graib) … and torture (on the smoking gun, on wikipedia);
- Opposes the deprivation of legal and constitutional rights (on Scholar All articles and freedoms American citizens and foreign prisoners (on [US] foreign prisoner support service);
- Opposes the threat to any and all free speech and lawful dissent (on president.msu.edu, on wikipedia / Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition, on dissident voice).
… (full text).
Previous Civic Involvement:
- Condominium President $1 million budget, 247 units, 3 terms (1996-99), Wash. DC;
- Vice President, citywide Federation of 69 Civic Associations (DCFCA), 1996-98, Wash. DC;
- Chosen Man of Year, DCFCA, 1997;
- Advocate for small businesses and community’s civil rights in wake of riots; Wash. DC, 1991-92.
… (full text).
Brian Moore, Socialist Party Presidential Candidate, Sues Ohio Over Petitioning Restriction, March 7th, 2008.
In the 1980s, Moore was elected to three terms on an Advisory Neighborhood Commission in Washington, DC., … A founder and chair of the Nature Coast Coalition for Peace & Justice, an antiwar group founded in 2002, Moore has been a persistent critic of U.S. military involvement in Iraq. He is an advocate for democratic public control of the economy and society, of participatory democracy, of socialized medicine, greater employment, and housing for all … (full text).
As there exists/existed also a rugby player, a novelist and a famous commentator, named each Brian Moore, a Google-search for videos, books, groups, blogs becomes impossible.
.. Stewart Alexis Alexander, USA, (click on photo to enlarge) … candidate for vice-presidency (born 1 October 1951) is a democratic socialist politician and the Socialist Party USA nominee for Vice President of the United States in the 2008 election. Stewart Alexander has the distinction of being the first African-American or member of any ethnic minority group on the Socialist Party Presidential ticket, though there had been talk in the 1960’s of running Norman Thomas with Martin Luther King Jr; however, no ticket was run and it is uncertain if King was involved in the discussion. A resident of California, he was the Peace and Freedom Party candidate for Lieutenant Governor in 2006. He received 43,319 votes, 0.5% of the total. (full long text on Stewart Alexander (the politician), on wikipedia). (His biography).
Socialist Party Ticket is Moore-Alexander, October 20th, 2007;
Vermont Presidential Primaries, January 21st, 2008;
Liberty Union Presidential Primary, January 20th, 2008;