Janusz Korczak, the pen name of Henryk Goldszmit (July 22, 1877 – August 1942):
- (he) was a Polish-Jewish children’s author, pediatrician, and child pedagogue, known as Pan Doktor (Mr Doctor) … (the whole wikipedia full text).
- Janusz Korczak Biography: The King of Children: The Life and Death of Janusz Korczak, by Betty Jean Lifton.
- Who was Janusz Korczak?
- He was born in Warsaw in an assimilated Jewish family. His mother Cecylia Głębicka was the daughter of prominent Kalisz Jews and his father Józef Goldszmit was from a family of proponents of the haskalah … (wikipedia /Biography /Russian Empire).
- He is the subject of Andrzej Wajda’s movie Korczak, stage play Korczak’s Children by Jeffrey Hatcher, and the opera Korczak’s Orphans by Adam Silverman (music) and Susan Gubernat (libretto). (wikipedia /Popular culture).
- Pedagogical influence.
- Themes in the children’s books.
- Chronological photographs of Korczak.
- More photos on Holocaust Survivors and Remembrance Project.
Janusz Korczak alias Henryk Goldszmit – Poland (1877 – 1942)
The video: Story of a Hero, Janusz Korczak … , 3.32 min, Added: May 19, 2007.
King of children, July 23, 2008.
From 1911, Janusz Korczak led the orphan house, Dom Sierot. He developed the ideas of a peaceful and classless society. In 1919, he created another children’s house called, Nasz Dom, which means “our house.” Janusz was always fighting for a better community and education for the children. He was a principal for the children houses, a doctor, a publisher of a children’s newspaper, as well as an author. Korczak was also an expert witness in the district court of minors. In this position, he always sided with the children … (full text).
Yad Vashem marks 66 years since the murder of Janusz Korczak and the children, August 6, 2008.
Find him also on the polnish wikipedia; on about.com; on Britannica Online Encyclopedia; on Warsawghetto; as Dr Henryk Goldszmit (Janusz Korczak) 1878-1942; as stamp (scroll down): Dr Henryk Goldszmit (Janusz Korczak) 1878-1942; on Encyclopedia /Henryk Goldszmit; on Science surf; in the book: The King Of Children, as Henryk Goldszmit.
Find him in other languages:
Znak Zorro: dziesięć na dziesięć, August 01, 2008
Rocznica urodzin Korczaka on wiadomosci.onet, 21.07.2008.
Rocznica urodzin Janusza Korczaka on kurierwilenski.lt, July 21, 2008.
WARSZTATY DLA DZIECI I MŁODZIEŻY, July 30, 2008.
„Własna” kultura, August 04, 2008.
Janusz-Korczak- Realschule ging kunterbunt in die Luft, August 11, 2008.
Was Kindern zusteht: 16-bändige Korczak-Edition komplett, August 14, 2008.
Schule mit Auszeit-Raum, August 06, 2008.
Find publications about him on Wiesenthal.com; on polnish wikipedia; on amazon; on Google Images-search; on wikipedia /selected writings; on Google Video-search; on Google Book-search; on Google Scholar-search; on Google Group-search; on Google Blog-search.
Janusz Korczak Communication Center in german, with a link to polish site (russian and english may work later);
Ojemba Productions presents KORCZAK at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2005;
Obama Dons Yarmulke at Yad Vashem; Peres Praises His “Moving Humanity”, July 23, 2008;
U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama pauses during a ceremony in Janusz Korczak Square at Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem, July 23, 2008 (script under photo).