Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. (born November 20, 1942) is the senior United States Senator from Delaware and the presumptive Democratic Party candidate for Vice President in the 2008 presidential election, running alongside presumptive Presidential nominee Barack Obama. He is a member of the Democratic Party, and is currently serving his sixth term … (full long text on wikipedia, last modified on 23 August 2008, at 08:29. See also Wikipedia’s Biden disambiguation).
- 110th Congress;
- Judiciary Committee;
- His Political positions;
- His official Senate website;
- His blog;
- His Bio on the US Congress;
- His voting record on the Washington Post;
- Positions and Quotes;
- His profile on Source Watch;
- Interest Group Ratings.
The Video: Joe is Right, 1.34 Min, added November 16, 2007.
- 1978: opposed busing except for gov’t-intended segregation. (Jul 2007)
- 1968: Wilmington riots failed at conversation between races. (Jul 2007)
- Nobody asks if you’re gay in a foxhole. (Jun 2007)
- Civil unions ok; gay marriage is probably inevitable. (Apr 2007)
- Voted NO on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
- Voted NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
- Voted YES on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
- Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
- Voted YES on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
- Voted YES on setting aside 10% of highway funds for minorities & women. (Mar 1998)
- Voted NO on ending special funding for minority & women-owned business. (Oct 1997)
- Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
- Voted YES on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)
- Voted NO on Amendment to prohibit flag burning. (Dec 1995)
- Voted NO on banning affirmative action hiring with federal funds. (Jul 1995)
- Rated 60% by the ACLU, indicating a mixed civil rights voting record. (Dec 2002)
- Issue a commemorative postage stamp of Rosa Parks. (Dec 2005)
- Rated 78% by the HRC, indicating a pro-gay-rights stance. (Dec 2006)
- Rated 100% by the NAACP, indicating a pro-affirmative-action stance. (Dec 2006)
- Re-introduce the Equal Rights Amendment. (Mar 2007).
Joe Biden: The perfect foil for Barack Obama: At first glance Senator Joe Biden looks like the perfect foil for Barack Obama on the Democratic Party ticket, 23 Aug 2008.
Senator urges Guantanamo closure, 6 June, 2005
His expertise in this area could help Senator Obama defend himself against Republican attacks that he is not ready for the role of commander-in-chief … (full text, 23 August 2008).
Joe Biden on Bhutto’s Assassination, 3.34 min, December 27, 2007.
Senator Joseph Biden of Delaware has been asked by Mr Kerry to become Secretary of State in a Democratic administration, according to Kerry campaign aides, October 29, 2004 … (full text, October 29, 2004).
Find him and his publications on Google News-results; on worldcat.org; on wikipedia; on Google Video-search; on Google Book-search; on Google Scholar-search; on Google Group-search; on Google Blog-search.
History of the Violence Against Women Act;